English orthography Slide Deck for finding word structures
This slide deck, with 9 activities, has movable components and is editable so you can work with your own words. Give students access to edit with you and they can work right along with you. Help your students learn more about morpheme and grapheme structures within words. Make a copy of the Master Slide Deck for each student or duplicate specific slides to assign to individual students, partners or groups.
9 activities are included:
- Box the Base -- given a word list and empty boxes, students move the box around the base and the lines under the affixes.
- Grapheme-Phoneme Correspondences -- students are given a word list with the base boxed, they move the circles to identify graphemes in each word.
- Box the Base with words with final <e> -- similar to activity 1 only words and boxes include words with single, silent, final marker letter <e>.
- What’s My Structure -- students are given a word list and empty boxes/circles; they have to figure out which word fits which structure.
- Odd One Out -- students categorize 4 given words; multiple ways to categorize may be options.
- Sort the Structures -- using a given word list and empty boxes with/without affixes, students have to figure out which word fits each structure.
- Choose the Structure -- given 2-3 options of empty structures, students figure out which one matches a given word.
- Build a word -- given 5-6 words and only 1 empty box and circles, students figure out which word fits that structure– part 1; part 2 is to complete the original word list with more structures.
- The Snowman Game -- similar to “hangman”; students are given a structure with empty boxes and circles, they have to guess graphemes and affixes that would fit that structure; for each answer not in the structure, a new part of the snowman is created.
If after you purchase this, the downloaded pptx is not available on your computer, please email for a Google Slide: EmpowerLC.email@example.com. No refunds.